24 x 24
We have decided as both artists and spouses to challenge ourselves as well as each other. For the next 24 days we will take 24 photos everyday (Outside of our contract work) and from those 24 we will choose 1 photo we like the most. By the end of the 24 days we will have 48 collective photos we decided are our favorite of the series.
Why is 24 such an important number? In one typical roll of film you have only 24 chances to get what you want. We wanted to give ourselves a limit as to how many photos we can take to get the perfect shot. It helps us to focus on what we really want to capture instead of just being trigger happy. We also have to utilize our knowledge of our camera to make sure everything is correctly exposed.
Below we have included a contact sheet of all the 24 photos we took along with a full sized version of the one we chose as our favorite!
1. 24 photos ONLY for 24 days straight.
2. Exception to 24 days is if one or more participants are ill beyond performance capabilities.
3. Images are only to come from non-work related or contracted sessions.
4. You must select your top photo every single day for the 24 days by 12pm of each day.
5. Photos can be spread throughout the day.
6. The only person to give any critique to the photo is yourself unless you ask someone else to give an honest, technical critique.
7. NO SELF PORTRAITS! (unless a mistake, i.e. reflection, shadow, etc. Can be a representation of you but no direct representation of facial features, i.e. painting, drawing)
8. All photos must be produced by you, not just your camera.....duh.
9. You must take 24 photos, can't be slacking. Finish the 24, and no bursts.
10. MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF THEM ALL: Have fun and be yourself (and yes, soak in the cheesiness of this rule)
The penalty per missed requirement is losing one photo per missed requirement for the rest of the 24 days. (Meaning if you break a rule, you lose a photo for the rest of the 24 days)